The overall aim of the MUSICA project is to provide a decarbonising one-stop shop for small islands, which will include their marine initiatives (Blue Growth) and their obligations towards their ecosystems. This will be achieved with the MUSICA smart and replicable Multi-Use Platform (MUP) and Multi-use of Space (MUS), which will provide a full suite of sustainable solutions for a small island. Progress, innovations and outcomes delivered through the collaborative Project will command a high profile within the Blue Growth and MRE sectors, in alignment with The Green Deal initiative by the European Commission
About European Green Deal
Climate change and environmental degradation are an existential threat to Europe and the world. To overcome these challenges, Europe needs a new growth strategy that will transform the Union into a modern, resource-efficient and competitive economy, where
- there are no net emissions of greenhouse gases by 2050
- economic growth is decoupled from resource use
- no person and no place is left behind
The European Green Deal is our plan to make the EU’s economy sustainable. It can only be done by turning climate and environmental challenges into opportunities, and making the transition just and inclusive for all.
The European Green Deal provides an action plan to
- boost the efficient use of resources by moving to a clean, circular economy
- restore biodiversity and cut pollution
The plan outlines investments needed and financing tools available. It explains how to ensure a just and inclusive transition.
The EU aims to be climate neutral in 2050. We proposed a European Climate Law to turn this political commitment into a legal obligation.
Reaching this target will require action by all sectors of our economy, including
- investing in environmentally-friendly technologies
- supporting industry to innovate
- rolling out cleaner, cheaper and healthier forms of private and public transport
- decarbonising the energy sector
- ensuring buildings are more energy efficient
- working with international partners to improve global environmental standards
The EU will also provide financial support and technical assistance to help those that are most affected by the move towards the green economy. This is called the Just Transition Mechanism. It will help mobilise at least €100 billion over the period 2021-2027 in the most affected regions.
Watch a short video in which the European Green Deal is explained and follow the link to the Official European Green New Deal page to get more informations.